• Vitamin D-rich EPA and DHA
• Provides 950 mg of EPA and 725 mg of DHA per teaspoon
• Supports cardiovascular health, cognitive health and brain function
• Helps support the development of the brain, eyes and nerves in children up to 12 years of age
• Helps to prevent vitamin D deficiency by providing 1000 IU of vitamin D3 per teaspoon
• Helps in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth
Super EFA Liquid Plus D is a combination of vitamin D and essential omega-3 fatty acids that helps to maintain bone and cognitive health. It is estimated that nearly one third of Canadians have low vitamin D levels.1
Four hundred IU per day of vitamin D helps to support bone growth in infants and young children, while 600 IU daily helps maximize bone health in adolescents and adults. 2,3 Daily supplementation with 800 IU of vitamin D helps to maximize bone health in adults over 70 years of age and may help decrease the risk of hip or non-vertebral fractures by nearly 25%.3,4
Rods and cones in the retina are rich in DHA, demonstrating that the omega-3 fatty acid is necessary for the proper development of retinal structure and visual acuity in young children.5 DHA is also the most abundant omega-3 fatty acid in the brain, and is especially essential to support pre- and postnatal brain development. 5,6
Supplementation with fish oils has been associated with the maintenance of neuron function in the hippocampus, a region of the brain associated with memory, indicating their beneficial effect on cognitive health.6
1. Statistics Canada, 2013 (http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/82-624-x/2013001/article/11727-eng.htm).
2. Wagner, CL, Greer, FR. Pediatrics. 2008; 122(5): 1142-1152.
3. Holick, MF, Binkley, NC, Bischoff-Ferrari, HA, Gordon, CM, Hanley, DA, Heaney, RP, Murad, MH, Weaver, CM. Evaluation, Treatment, and J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011; 96(7):1911-1930.
4. Bischoff-Ferrari, HA, Willett, WC, Wong, JB, Giovannucci, E, Dietrich, T, Dawson-Hughes, B. JAMA. 2005; 293(18): 2257-2264.
5. Kidd, PM. Alternative Medicine Review. 2007; 12(3): 207-227.
6. Cederholm, T, Salem, NJ, Palmblad, J. Adv Nutr. 2013; 4(6): 672-676.