• Highly concentrated cranberry extract plus vitamin C
• Helps prevent recurrent urinary tract infections (UTI) in women
• Each capsule provides the equivalent of 21.6 g of dried cranberries
• Source of antioxidants
Cranberry Plus capsules contain a concentrated cranberry fruit extract that helps to prevent urinary tract infections while improving antioxidant capacity. Approximately 10-20% of women experience one or more incidents of urinary discomfort or UTI each year.1
Cranberries (Vaccinium macrocarpon) are rich in polyphenol antioxidant compounds such as proanthocyanidins, which reduce the adhesiveness of E. coli bacteria to the uroepithelial cells that line the bladder. In both healthy women and those with a history of bladder infection, supplementation with cranberry extract has been shown to significantly reduce the adhesiveness of two E. coli strains obtained from urine samples.2
Regular cranberry supplementation helps to reduce UTI incidence in women at increased risk of UTI infection,3 and may help to improve lower urinary tract symptoms in men.4 Due to their high polyphenol concentration, cranberries have also been shown to reduce oxidative stress in healthy participants and those with metabolic syndrome.5-7
1. Hudson T. Alternative & Complementary Therapies. 2006; December: 297-302.
2. Tempera G, Corsello S, Genovese C, Caruso FE, Nicolosi D. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2010;23(2): 611-618.
3. Caljouw MAA et al. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2014; 62(1): 103-110.
4. Vidlar A et al. Br J Nutr. 2010 Oct; 104(8):1181-1189.
5. Basu A, Betts NM, Ortiz J, Simmons B, Wu M, Lyons TJ. Nutr Res. 2011; 31(3):190-6.
6. Ruel G, Pomerleau S, Couture P, Lamarche B, Couillard C. Metabolism. 2005; 54: 856-861.
7. Ruel G, Pomerleau S, Couture P, Lemieux S, Lamarche B, Couillard C. Br J Nutr. 2006; 96: 357-364.