• Advanced antioxidant formula with lutein and zeaxanthin
Combines eight important vitamins, minerals and carotenoids
Provides antioxidants that help protect against oxidative damage caused by free radicals
Helps to maintain immune function and healthy bones, hair, nails and skin
Antioxidant Complex Enhanced supports antioxidant defence with a comprehensive combination of vitamins and minerals, plus lutein and zeaxanthin. Antioxidants play an important role in the body by reducing the production and propagation of free radicals. 1
Vitamin C is the most effective water-soluble antioxidant in the plasma and cellular fluid, while vitamin E is known to support antioxidant defence in cell membranes. 2
Selenium provides further support as a component of the antioxidant enzyme glutathione peroxidase, and plays an important role in supporting thyroid health by reducing oxidative damage generated during the production of thyroid hormones. 1,3
Antioxidant Complex Enhanced also offers lutein and zeaxanthin, the primary carotenoids in the macula and retina. 4
Lutein provides unique antioxidant support to maintain eye health by protecting against oxidative damage from metabolic activity and light exposure. 4
Beta-carotene is included as a source of provitamin A to help maintain eyesight, skin, membranes and immune function, while zinc further contributes to immune and skin health by stimulating the production of immune cells and supporting the repair and maintenance of skin structure. 5
As the body’s natural defence mechanisms against oxidative stress can become overwhelmed, individuals may benefit from increasing external antioxidant intakes. 6
1. Zoidis, E, Seremelis, I, Kontopoulos, N, Danezis, GP. Antioxidants (Basel). 2018; 7(5). pii: E66.
2. Combs, GF. (2012). The Vitamins (4th ed.). USA: Elsevier.
3. Tinggi, U. Environ Health Prev Med. 2008; 13: 102-108.
4. Ma, L, Lin, XM. J Sci Food Agric. 2010; 90: 2-12.
5. Schwartz, JR, Marsh, RG, Draelos, ZD. Dermatol Surg. 2005; 31: 837-847.
6. Kelly, E, Vyas, P, Weber, JT. Molecules. 2017; 23(1). pii: E26.