• Carvacrol formula for optimal health
• Source of antioxidants
• Provides 25.8 mg of oregano oil per day
• Includes 20.1 mg of carvacrol per day
Oregano Oil naturally contains carvacrol, and is one of the primary bioactive compounds in oregano.1
In addition to being responsible for the warm mouthfeel after oregano consumption, carvacrol exerts strong antioxidant effects.1
Carvacrol potently scavenges free radicals, reduces free radical-induced DNA damage, and decreases lipid oxidation.1
In an in vitro study comparing the antioxidant capacity of 26 spice extracts - including mint, cinnamon, sage, rosemary and thyme - oregano had both the third highest antioxidant capacity and total phenolic content.2
Specifically, oregano's total antioxidant capacity ranged from nearly 1.5 to 183 times higher than 23 other spices.2
1. Singletary, K. Nutrition Today. 2010; 45(3): 129-138.
2. Shan, B, Cai, YZ, Sun, M, Corke, H. J. Agric. Food Chem. 2005; 53: 7749-7759.