• Immune health support
• An antioxidant and a factor in the maintenance of good health
• Helps in the development of bones, teeth and night vision
• Helps to maintain eyesight, skin, membranes and immune function
• Helps prevent vitamin E and zinc deficiency by providing 60 IU of vitamin E and 30 mg of zinc per daily dose
• Includes 1,000 IU of vitamin A per daily dose
TFE is a multi-vitamin supplement that also helps to maintain good health. The most significant membrane antioxidant is vitamin E, which helps maintain the structure of nearly all cell membranes.1
It scavenges free radicals to end lipid peroxidation and helps to prevent oxidative DNA damage.1
Zinc is the only naturally occurring lymphocyte mitogen, stimulating cell division in lymphocytes and increasing their phagocytic activity.2
Zinc is especially necessary for T cell proliferation in the thymus as it is a cofactor for thymulin, a hormone involved in T cell differentiation and function.2
Low levels of zinc lead to decreased immune cell number and function, including a reduced synthesis of cytokines that function against intracellular bacteria.2
Vitamin A further contributes to maintaining immune function by stimulating the development of lymphocytes, including natural killer and T and B cells.3
Deficiencies of vitamin A result in a decreased ability of macrophages to ingest and destroy bacteria.3
Damiana is a shrub native to the Americas, and naturally contains flavonoids and phenolic acids.4
1. Combs, GF. (2012). The Vitamins (4th ed.). USA: Elsevier.
2. Chasapis, CT, Spiliopoulou, CA, Loutsidou, AC, Stefanidou, ME. Arch Toxicol. 2012; 86: 521-534.
3. Ruhl, R. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society. 2007; 66: 458-469.
4. Szewczyk, K, Zidorn, C. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2014; 152: 424-443.