• Vitamins A, C and E for the maintenance of good health
• Helps to maintain eyesight, skin, membranes, and immune function
• Helps in the development and maintenance of bones, cartilage, teeth, gums and night vision
• Aids in wound healing and connective tissue formation
• An antioxidant for the maintenance of good health
• Helps to prevent vitamin A, C and E deficiency by providing 8,000 IU of vitamin A, 400 mg of vitamin C, and 120 IU of vitamin E per daily dose
TLU is a blend of vitamins A, C, and E that also contains Bos taurus lung as a complementary ingredient. Vitamin A helps maintain the skin's barrier integrity by:
1) increasing the proliferation of dividing cells in the epidermis; 2) compacting the outer epidermal layer that consists of dead cells; 3) increasing the number of glycosaminoglycans - polysaccharides that help hydrate the skin.1
Vitamin C is necessary for the synthesis of collagen, the primary structural protein found in connective tissue.2
Collagen is also the main protein involved in wound healing, and deficiencies in vitamin C may lead to impaired healing of wounds.2
As the most important aqueous antioxidant, vitamin C donates electrons to prevent free radical damage to DNA.3
Vitamin E is also a valuable antioxidant, and its primary role is to donate electrons to decrease the oxidation of LDL and lipid membranes.3
The stable vitamin E radical produced can be recycled by vitamin C, demonstrating how these two vitamins synergistically help maintain good health.3
1. Mukherjee, S, Date, A, Patravale, V, Korting, HC, Roeder, A, Weindl, G. Clinical Interventions in Aging. 2006; 1(4): 327-348.
2. Campos, ACL, Groth, AK, Branco, AB. 2008; 11: 281-288.
3. Combs, GF. (2012). The Vitamins (4th ed.). USA: Elsevier.