• Concentrated triglyceride fish oil in a convenient softgel format
• Double-potency formula offering 475 mg of EPA and 325 mg of DHA per softgel
• Helps support cognitive and cardiovascular health, while reducing serum triglycerides
• In conjunction with conventional therapy, helps to reduce the pain of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in adults
Super EFA Forte Capsules offer a high-potency fish oil formula providing EPA and DHA in a bioavailable triglyceride form. Each exceptionally pure softgel offers 800 mg of EPA and DHA to support cognitive and cardiovascular health, as well as joint health in adults with RA. DHA is one of the most important omega-3 fatty acids in the brain, where it helps regulate membrane fluidity, the formation of synapses, and cytokine production. 1
Clinical research has demonstrated that DHA can support cognitive health, including episodic memory and learning in older adults. 2
DHA also helps support the development of the brain, eyes and nerves in children up to 12 years of age. EPA and DHA support cardiovascular health by promoting healthy lipid metabolism, heart rates, and platelet and endothelial function. 3
In conjunction with conventional therapy, EPA and DHA help reduce the pain of RA in adults. These omega-3 fatty acids have been clinically demonstrated to improve joint pain intensity, hand grip strength and measures of daily function in adults with RA, which may result from their ability to regulate immune cell activity and prostaglandin and leukotriene production.4 Triglyceride fish oils have also demonstrated greater bioavailability than ethyl esters in clinical research, with one study reporting a significantly higher increase in the omega-3 index after six months of supplementation than an identical dose of ethyl esters. 5,6
1. Dyall, SC. Front Aging Neurosci. 2015; 7: 52.
2. Yurko-Mauro, K, et al. Alzheimers Dement. 2010; 6(6): 456-64.
3. Kris-Etherton, PM, Harris, WS, Appel, LJ, American Heart Association. Circulation. 2002; 106(21): 2747-57.
4. Berbert, AA, Kondo, CR, Almendra, CL, Matsuo, T, Dichi, I. [Abstract]. Nutrition. 2005; 21(2): 131-6.
5. Dyerberg, J, Madsen, P, Moller, JM, Aardestrup, I, Schmidt, EB. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2010; 83(3): 137-41.
6. Neubronner, J, Schuchardt, JP, Kressel, G, Merkel, M, von Schacky, C, Hahn, A. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2011; 65(2): 247-54.