• Vitamin rich cod liver oil formula
• Supports the maintenance of cognitive function and healthy bones, teeth, eyesight and skin
• Supports healthy bone growth, and helps support the development of the brain and nerves in children up to 12 years of age
• Provides 932 mg of DHA and 754 mg of EPA per daily dose
• Also includes 5334 IU of vitamin A and 600 IU of vitamin D per daily dose
• Natural citrus flavour
Cod liver oil is a source of omega-3 fatty acids, and naturally contains high levels of vitamins A and D to help support healthy eyes, bones, and brain. Vitamin A is needed for the production of rhodopsin, a pigment found in rod cells that aids in low-light vision.1
Omega-3 fatty acids are necessary for the proper development of retinal structure and visual acuity in infants as rods and cones in the eye require DHA for proper function.2
DHA is also essential to support pre- and postnatal brain development, as significant levels are present on neuronal synapses.2
Vitamin D helps to support bone growth in children and maintain bone health in adults. Recent research indicates that 600 IU of vitamin D per day helps maximize bone health in adolescents and adults.3
1. IOM 2006: Institute of Medicine. Otten JJ, Pitzi Hellwig J, Meyers LD, editors. Institute of Medicine. Dietary Reference Intakes: The Essential Guide to Nutrient Requirements. Washington (DC): National Academies Press; 2006.
2. Kidd, PM. Omega-3 DHA and EPA for Cognition, Behavior, and Mood: Clinical Findings and Structural-Functional Synergies with Cell Membrane Phospholipids. Alternative Medicine Review. 2007; 12(3): 207-227.
3. Holick, MF, Binkley, NC, Bischoff-Ferrari, HA, Gordon, CM, Hanley, DA, Heaney, RP, Murad, MH, Weaver, CM. Evaluation, Treatment, and Prevention of Vitamin D Deficiency: an Endocrine Society Clinical Practice Guideline. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011; 96(7):1911-1930.