LA rich fatty acid combination
• Source of linoleic acid (LA) for the maintenance of good health
• Provides 1200 mg of LA per daily dose
• Includes 540 mg of OA and 300 mg of PA per daily dose
Pumpkin seed oil is naturally high in the essential fatty acid LA, and helps to maintain optimal health. As essential fatty acids and their metabolites are required to help form the water-impermeable skin barrier, their deficiencies can lead to scaly skin and moisture loss in the skin and eyes.1,2 Dietary supplementation with LA can reverse these symptoms
as LA accounts for approximately 12% of fatty acids in the skin, and is essential to maintain the skin's structure and function.1,2 The formation of ceramides, lipids found in the outermost epidermal layer responsible for sealing in water, also depends on LA.1
In addition to its role in skin health, LA is an important energy source and can be metabolized to form other lipid molecules, including triglycerides and phospholipids.3
As a component of phospholipid membranes, LA also helps maintain membrane fluidity to ensure the proper functioning of cells.3
1. Krieg, P, Fürstenberger, G. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta. 2014; 1841: 390-400.
2. Nicolaou, A. Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids. 2013; 88: 131-138.
3. Whelan, J, Fritsche, K. Linoleic Acid. Adv. Nutr. 2013; 4: 311-312.