• Combination of B-vitamins in their most active forms
• Includes the body's preferred active forms of vitamins B6, and B12, riboflavin and folate
• Assists with the metabolism of proteins, fat and carbohydrates
• Helps in normal growth and development and in the formation of red blood cells
• Helps to prevent thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, biotin and pantothenic acid deficiency
Each single-capsule serving of Active B Complex provides the adult Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for the entire B-vitamin family, including thiamine, riboflavin, niacinamide, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, biotin, folate and vitamin B12. Active B Complex uses the preferred active forms of vitamins B2 (riboflavin-5'-phosphate), B6 (pyridoxal-5'-phosphate), folate (Metafolin®), and B12 (methylcobalamin). Metafolin® is a calcium salt of L-methylfolate, the primary active form of folate within the body. In comparison with folic acid, L-methylfolate appears to have a significantly higher bioavailability. For example, in healthy women supplemented with an equivalent amount (~400 mcg) of either L-methylfolate or folic acid for 24 weeks, red blood cell folate concentrations were significantly higher in women that received the L-methylfolate supplmement.1
1. Lamers Y et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 2006; 84: 156-161.