• Vitamin B6 and magnesium combination
• Helps to maintain proper muscle function and in tissue formation
• Helps in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth
• Helps the body to metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins
• Helps to prevent vitamin B6 deficiency
KMG Plus is a vegan-friendly formula that supports muscle health and macronutrient metabolism. Vitamin B6 helps to catalyze over 140 reactions and is involved in nearly all metabolic reactions involving amino acids, including their synthesis and breakdown.1
Muscles contain approximately 70-80% of the vitamin B6 present in the body, where it primarily participates as a coenzyme for glycogen phosphorylase.1
This enzyme is required for glycogenolysis, which breaks down glycogen into glucose, and provides fuel to muscles during exercise.1
Magnesium promotes normal muscle function by competing with calcium for binding sites on proteins that regulate muscle contractions.2
Low magnesium levels may lead to calcium binding these proteins and may result in muscle cramps.2
Approximately 50-60% of magnesium is present in bones, where it stimulates bone forming osteoblast activity and helps develop and maintain bones and teeth.2
Magnesium is also a cofactor for over 600 enzymes, including those involved in glycolysis, amino acid production, and protein synthesis.2
As nearly 80-90% of magnesium is lost after food processing, supplementation of this mineral helps maintain good health.2
1. Combs, GF. (2012). The Vitamins (4th ed.). USA: Elsevier.
2. de Baaij, JHF, Hoenderop, JGJ, Bindels, RJM. Physiol Rev. 2015; 95: 1-46.