• Herbal liver support combination
• Includes extracts from globe artichoke, dandelion, milk thistle, bupleurum and fringe tree
• Globe artichoke is used in Herbal Medicine to help increase bile flow and relieve digestive disturbances
• Milk thistle is used in Herbal Medicine to help support liver function
Liv Complex contains a combination of herbal extracts, including globe artichoke and milk thistle, to help to support normal liver function. Milk thistle (Silybum marianum) seed extracts contain silymarin, which helps to maintain liver cell health through a variety of mechanisms including inhibiting free radical formation, enhancing formation of the antioxidant enzyme glutathione in liver cells and supporting hepatocyte protein synthesis.1
Research demonstrates that artichoke extracts enhance bile production and minimize liver damage following exposure to the hepatotoxin carbon tetrachloride (CCl4).2
1. Vargas-Medoza N et al. World J Hepatol. Mar 27, 2014; 6(3): 144-149.
2. Speroni E et al. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2003; 86: 203-211.