• Herbal combination to help reduce cough and cold symptoms
• Includes a soothing blend of English ivy, marshmallow and European elder extracts
• Helps relieve coughs, promote expectoration (loosens and expels mucus) and improve respiratory function in patients with chronic bronchitis
• Marshmallow is used in Herbal Medicine as a demulcent to relieve the irritation of the oral and pharyngeal mucosa and associated dry cough
• Delicious natural raspberry flavour
• Convenient liquid formula
English Ivy Cough and Cold is a great-tasting combination of herbs traditionally used to help relieve symptoms associated with coughs and colds. It provides English ivy, which has been demonstrated in clinical trials to help relieve coughs, promote expectoration and improve respiratory function in patients with chronic bronchitis.1-3
A mucilaginous herb, marshmallow contains polysaccharides that coat the mucosal lining of the respiratory tract.4 Clinical research supports its traditional use in Herbal Medicine as a demulcent to relieve the irritation of the oral and pharyngeal mucosa and associated dry cough.4 English Ivy Cough and Cold also includes European elder, an herb well-recognized for its high anthocyanin content.5 Available in a delicious natural raspberry flavour, English Ivy Cough and Cold is a convenient way to provide soothing relief of cough and cold symptoms.
1. Fazio, S, Pouso, J, Dolinsky, D, Fernandez, A, Hernandez, M, Clavier, G, et al. Phytomedicine. 2009; 16:17-24.
2. BÃ¼echi, S, VÃ¶gelin, R, von Eiff, MM, Ramos, M, Melzer, J. Forsch Komplementarmed Klass Naturheilkd. 2005; 12(6): 32832.
3. Cwientzek, U, Ottillinger, B, Arenberger, P. Phytomedicine. 2011; 18(13): 1105-9.
4. European Medicines Agency. (2016). Assessment report on Althaea officinalis L., radix. Retrieved from: http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Herbal_-_HMPC_assessment_report/2016/11/WC500215642.pdf
5. European Medicines Agency. (2014). Assessment report on Sambucus nigra L., fructus. Retrieved from: http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Herbal_-_HMPC_assessment_report/2014/04/WC500165894.pdf