• Cranberry is used in Herbal Medicine to help prevent urinary tract infections (UTIs)
• Uva-ursi is used in Herbal Medicine to help relieve symptoms associated with minor UTIs
• Provides antioxidants for the maintenance of good health
• Includes five additional herbal extracts: European Barberry, Corn, Three-leaf Caper, Saw Palmetto and Stinging Nettle
Kidney Complex was specifically formulated with herbs, such as cranberry and uva-ursi, used in Herbal Medicine to help prevent and relieve symptoms associated with minor UTIs. Cranberries are rich in polyphenol antioxidant compounds such as proanthocyanidins, which reduce the adhesiveness of E. coli bacteria to the uroepithelial cells that line the bladder.1
Regular cranberry supplementation helps to reduce UTI incidence in women at an increased risk of UTI, and may help to improve lower urinary tract symptoms in men. 2,3 Similarly, uva-ursi is used in Herbal Medicine to help relieve symptoms associated with minor UTIs, including burning sensations and frequent urination. To further support good health, Kidney Complex contains European barberry, an herb traditionally used in Herbal Medicine to help stimulate the production of bile and relieve digestive disturbances. This blend includes additional important herbs, such as corn, stinging nettle, saw palmetto and three-leaf caper. Three-leaf caper, also known as Varuna in Ayruvedic medicine, has a long history of traditional use.
1. Howell, AB. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2007; 51(6): 732-737.
• Promotes prostate health and urinary tract function*
• Supports cellular health by providing protection against free radicals*
• Combines seven herbal extracts: Cranberry, Uva-Ursi, European Barberry, Corn, Three-leaf Caper, Saw Palmetto and Stinging Nettle
Kidney Complex was specifically formulated with herbs that help support the urinary system and prostate. It offers uva-ursi, which is used to support normal urinary tract function. Cranberry has also been used to help maintain urinary tract health for hundreds of years. Cranberry helps to maintain microbial balance in the urinary tract and has been shown in clinical research to support measures of urinary tract function, such as urine flow rate, average flow, total volume and post-void residual urine volume. Saw palmetto and stinging nettle further support prostate and urinary tract health, and have also been found to support urinary comfort and function in clinical trials. In addition, Kidney Complex contains three-leaf caper and barberry for their traditional use in supporting kidney health. These important herbs function as a diuretic and regulate calcium oxalate crystallization in the body. Similarly, corn has a long history of use in traditional medicine to support the kidneys and bladder. Along with other herbs in this formula, such as cranberry, stinging nettle, barberry and caper, corn supports cellular health by providing protection against free radicals.*
2. Caljouw, MA, van den Hout, WB, Putter, H, Achterberg, WP, Cools, HJ, Gussekloo, J. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2014; 62(1): 103-10.
3. Vidlar, A, Vostalova, J, Ulrichova, J, Student, V, Stejskal, D, Reichenbach, R, Vrbkova, J, Ruzicka, F, Simanek, V. Br J Nutr. 2010; 104(8):1181-1189.