• Skin health support
• An antioxidant for the maintenance of good health
• Helps the body to metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins
• Helps to maintain healthy skin, immune and proper muscle function
• Helps to prevent vitamin C, pantothenic acid and zinc deficiencies
• Provides 300 mg of vitamin C, 200 mg of pantothenic acid and 20 mg of zinc per daily dose
GSF Complex is a multi-vitamin formula that provides antioxidants from green tea extracts and sweet orange fruit. Likewise, the most important aqueous antioxidant, vitamin C, donates electrons to prevent free radical damage to DNA.1
Vitamin C also promotes the metabolism of fat and protein as a co-substrate for several enzymes.1
It is necessary for the synthesis of carnitine, which transports fatty acids to the mitochondria for energy production, and is required for the production of collagen, the primary structural protein found in connective tissue.1
As a result, vitamin C has a role in wound healing, and its deficiency may lead to the impaired healing of wounds.2
Zinc is also involved maintaining healthy skin. It is required for the production of matrix metalloproteinases, which break down matrix proteins including collagen and elastin.3
This breakdown is required for the remodelling of tissues and allows for new cells to move through and close wounds.3
Pantothenic acid is important for tissue formation, the production of the key neurotransmitter acetylcholine, lipid synthesis, and energy production in the Krebs cycle.1
1. Combs, GF. (2012). The Vitamins (4th ed.). USA: Elsevier.
2. Campos, ACL, Groth, AK, Branco, AB. Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition and Metabolic Care. 2008; 11: 281-288.
3. Schwartz, JR, Marsh, RG, Draelos, ZD. Dermatol Surg. 2005; 31: 837-847.