• Vitamin B12 formula
• Includes methylcobalamin, the active form of vitamin B12
• Helps in the formation of red blood cells
• Assists in the metabolism of proteins, fat and carbohydrates
• Helps to prevent vitamin B12 deficiency
• Chewable tablets with a natural cherry flavour
• Great taste for improved patient compliance
ACTIVE Chewable B12 supports red blood cell formation and macronutrient metabolism with a concentrated dose (1,000 mcg) of methylcobalamin, the body's preferred active form of vitamin B12. B12-deficiency is one of the most common causes of nutrient-related anemia, especially among the elderly, with an estimated 11% of anemia cases in adults 65+ being B12-related.1
Vegan diets2 and metformin usage are also associated with increased risk of B12 deficiency.3
1. Guralnik JM, Eisenstaedt RS, Ferrucci L, Klein HG, Woodman RC. Blood. 2004; 104: 2263-2268.
2. Gilsing AMJ et al. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2010 September; 64(9): 933-939.
3. Mazokopakis EE, Starakis IK. Diab Res Clin Pract. 2012; 359-367.
4. Health Quality Ontario. Ontario Health Technology Assessment Series. 2013; 13(23) 1-45.