How to keep healthy while in isolation
Happy Social Distancing everyone! Whether you are in a 14 day self-isolation as you have recently traveled or you are complying with the rules and now laws of social distancing, this is the current normal for us all.
We hope you are doing well and taking care of yourselves, your loved ones and your community. Our last newsletter was sent out at the beginning of our community’s experience with the COVID epidemic and we wanted to make sure that you know we are still here for you with ideas on how to keep yourself healthy during this time as well we are still offering some phone and virtual appointments.
Here are some ideas on how to keep your body and mind healthy:
- Limit the time you spend on websites and news channels obtaining the information you need to keep yourself and your family safe. We are all being inundated with much information from the news channels, our local news programs, social media and even our friends. As the knowledge of the Coronavirus, its transmission, the illness and treatment are constantly evolving it is important for us to continuously check in with reliable news sources to keep well informed. However, it is also important for our own metal health that we not obsess. Be mindful of how you are spending your time and how it is affecting you mentally. Perhaps set a schedule where you check twice a day but only for a limited amount of time.
- Don’t forget about physical activity. No, you can’t go to the gym or yoga studio. But we are fortunate that there are many online resources available that can guide you in your physical activity. We love Yoga with Adriene. Yoga can be part of how you keep your body and mind healthy during this unprecedented way of living. There are also many other forms of workouts available to you virtually. Orange Theory is providing free workouts through their app.
- Mental health is very important during these uncertain times. Apps like Headspace are providing free mediation and other exercise to assist with this.
- Eat healthy. While getting groceries isn’t as easy as before, there are many delivery options available and friends and family that can help if you are self-isolating. Keep in mind that providing your body and immune system with healthy nutrition will help your immune system fight any infection.
- Get outside safely. Spring has not been cancelled. You can’t and shouldn’t come into contact with other people, but you can be outside as long as you make sure to keep 2 meters between you and others. And when you come across other people, you can still smile at them from those 2 meters!
How Lemon Water Wellness can help you now:
As always, our online store is available if you are needing supplements delivered to your door:
While the practitioners at Lemon Water Wellness have to limit our physical access to our patients and customers, we remain here for you and here is how:
You can contact us by phone (416) 304-9088 or email email@example.com to book your appointments. These appointments can be set up for phone or video conference with our Practitioners for treatments such as:
Our Osteopathic Manual Practitioner, Certified Athletic Therapist and Registered Kinesiologist can offer video/telephone consultations providing
assistance with ongoing self care and exercise prescription.
Our Naturopathic Doctors are offering essential phone or video conferencing appointments, as well as fulfilling supplement orders.
Our Physiotherapist can offer video conferencing appointments offering virtual treatment and such as guidance on self-release with a ball, assist in taking inventory of your available exercise equipment and offering movement breaks as well as home ergo assessment for working from home to ensure your workstation is set up to minimize injury.
Our Certified Nutritional Practitioner can provide nutritional guidance appointments through phone call or video conferencing providing all of her available services.
Other resources for up-to-date reliable sources pertaining to the outbreak: